Monday, July 28, 2008

Marriage Advice

I read a lot of wedding blogs. I read a lot of regular blogs too. Basically I am a bloghead. Anyways, on one of the blogs I was reading there was this small intimate wedding held outside. What attracted me to the wedding was the couples vows. They had their friends and family stand up alone or together and share what they have learned in their marriage. My favorite advice was given by this couples aunt. She said
"When you marry, you are very focused on each other, but as you raise children it’s easy to get tired and distracted. After our last child went to college, Johnny wrote that a good marriage is when the children have left and you look at each other and smile and say, “Now I remember why I married you so many years ago.”

I love the fact that they involved their friends and family in their wedding. What a great idea...
So, if you are married you better start thinking of advice :)

No comments: